If an existing Rock needs to be replaced with a new Rock, the following steps should be followed.
- In the Admin Portal, note the name and current configuration settings of the existing Rock so that they can be applied to the new Rock.
- "Delete" the existing Rock from the Admin Portal. Note, as long as the existing Rock remains powered, it will continue to function in "Demo" mode and if there is a tethered card reader, it will continue to function as well.
- Replace the existing, installed Rock with the new Rock, making sure to connect the CAT6 and wiring harness to the new Rock. Note, there may be occasions where the existing backplate will need to be replaced with the new backplate as well.
- Follow the instructions in Rock Installation & Onboarding to generate a QR code and complete the onboarding process.
- Update the Rock's name and configuration using the information from step #1.
- Update the Rock's firmware (if needed).